We are here to support our commuter students’ co-curricular engagement at Buffalo State College. We want students who are commuting to campus to live safely and successfully in the communities that surround the college. We hope that these resources assist you in connecting to campus and engaging with the faculty, staff and your peers on campus. Stop by 400 Campbell Student Union if you have any questions or call us at 716-878-4631.
Winter Driving Tips
Here is a list of precautions to take for winter motor vehicle safety, according to the Buffalo Police:
-Keep the gas tank at least half full, decreasing the chances of moisture forming in the gas lines and possible freezing.
-Be prepared for an emergency with the following items in your trunk: ice scraper, windshield de-icer, flashlight, broom, blanket, extra clothes. matches, bottled water, snacks, necessary medications and a first-aid kit.
-Check the coolant (antifreeze); coolant should be flushed and refilled every two years in most vehicles.
-Check the battery and exhaust system.
Be safe this winter!
- Get to campus early to beat traffic and to get a good parking spot!
- Talk to other students, faculty and staff!
- Get involved in campus life by joining a student organization or club.
- Attend lectures, special programs and campus events.
- Go to the Houston Gym, Kissinger Pool and Fitness Center on campus to work out or exercise
- If possible, find an on campus job.
- Join an intramural team.
- Utilize study areas on campus such as the library, the Union or study lounges within department areas.
- Don’t eat lunch in your car- stop in the Union to grab a bite to eat.
- Make sure to read The Record and the email you’ll receive every other week from Student Life as it will tell you what’s happening on campus and how to get involved.
- Stay on campus after classes- there’s always something going on!
-Give our office feedback on what you would like to see offered for commuter students.
Stay tuned for many more commuter events this semester! For any questions about commuter programs, please email Bailey Hornung at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Student Life Office.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.